2003 GCE O
(The Chinese High School
English Language (B3), Combined Humanities (A2), Geography (A1), Mathematics (A1), Additional Mathematics (A2), Physics (B3), Chemistry (A2), Biology (A2), Higher Chinese (A1)
ACADEMIC AND MUSIC QUALIFICATIONS
- Diploma in Piano Recital (ATCL) (Trinity College of London) (2009)
- Grade 8 in Piano and Music Theory (ABRSM)
- Nanyang Academy of Fine Arts (NAFA) Grade 7 in Yang Qin (Chinese Orchestra) 2003
- BSc.(Hons) Chemistry and Biological Chemistry
- GCE 'A' Levels Certified 2005
- Soloist at Eleganza 2009, organised by Nanyang Technological University Piano Ensemble, held at the Esplanade Recital Studio, Feb 2009
- Soloist for annual concerts held from 2006 till present.
- Performed in annual Chinese Orchestra concerts from 2002-2007.
- Piano Teacher (Ongoing 2007-present)
- Conducted lessons in piano and theory in music
- Presented numerous students for ABRSM Practical and Theory Examinations from 2007 to 2013
- Attained a 100% pass rate for students to date.
I believe in a step-by-step approach to teaching young beginners in music and also adopt different approaches to teach my students. I expect my students to practise daily in order to build a strong foundation in their ability to read scores and sight-read. Aural and sight-reading are important components that are necessary in tackling examinations. I hope to build up my students' confidence in these 2 components and thus try to enforce them every alternate week. I hope that would-be students and their parents can give me their cooperation - students have to practise the piano, and parents have to make sure their children do actually commit at least 30min a day (for lower grades) and an hour a day (for higher grades) in order for them to achieve progress in their music education.
Students' Examination Results
Grade 2 Practical (Mar '09) Distinction (131/150)
Grade 3 Theory (Mar '09) Merit (86/100)
Grade 4 Practical (Mar '09) Pass (107/150)
Grade 4 Theory (Mar '09) Pass (77/100)
Grade 1 Theory (Oct '09) Merit (82/100)
Grade 1 Theory (Oct '09) Merit (80/100)
Grade 2 Theory (Oct '09) Distinction (95/100)
Grade 1 Practical (Mar '10) Pass (108/150)
Grade 2 Practical (Mar '10) Merit (125/150)
Grade 3 Practical (Mar '10) Distinction (137/150)
Grade 5 Theory (Mar '10) Merit (85/100)
Grade 5 Practical (Aug'10) Merit (120/150)
Grade 2 Practical (Aug'10) Merit (121/150)
Grade 4 Practical (Aug'10) Merit (125/150)
Commitment Level Available on weeknights and weekends.