1994 GCE A
(Temasek Junior College
Mathematics (A), Mathematics S Paper (Merit), Further Mathematics C (B), Physics (A), Chemistry (A)
1991 GCE O
(Dunman High School
English Language (B3), Geography (A2), Mathematics (A1), Additional Mathematics (A1), Physics (A1), Chemistry (A2), Higher Chinese Language (B3), Chinese Literature (B3)
(Cedar Primary School
English Language (A), Chinese Language (A*), Mathematics (A*), Science (A)
I am a Full-time Singaporean Tutor who holds a Bachelors Degree (Honors) & Masters Degree from NUS (Engineering). Master Degree is under a scholarship awarded by NUS. My GPA score for Master Degree is 3.6 out of 4. I came from Dunman High School and Temasek Junior College and I scored distinctions for all Math subjects.
My academic certificates are available upon request.
- (My Portfolio/Experience) I have been tutoring for more than 15 years since my undergraduate and Master of Engineering degree days in NATIONAL UNIVERSITY OF SINGAPORE (NUS), specializing mainly in Mathematics.
I believe the key to achieving good grades is understanding and having a solid foundation. Hence, I always train my students to pen down summary notes after learning each topic and share effective tips on memorizing formulas. Teaching gives me great satisfaction and I believe the right teacher makes a great difference towards the students learning.
Majority of my students make good progress in not just the grades, but also the attitude and studying method. After all, todays education is not only about academics. Parents believe that instilling the right character and values are equally important too. My academic certificates are available upon request.
- (Teaching Techniques) Other than practicing past year papers, my teaching techniques helps students to understand key Mathematics concepts and remember formula more effectively using basic Principle of Memory/ Mind Mapping. To enhance my students learning, I also enrich my teaching with effective Internet resources and media. These techniques are very well-received by my students. I am always able to build very good rapport with my students.
- (Value-Added Service) As a value-added service, I also help students trouble-shoot their computer problems and I offer parents the option of allowing their kids to
Commitment Level Commitment Level..
Being a full-time tutor, all my time is committed to tuition and also offering advice to my students during my off time. Students who are looking for TUITION BY TOPICS are welcomed too. Say for example, a student who wishes to improve his problem-solving skills in Differentiation can request to have specific number of tuition session on Differentiation, say total 4 sessions (2hr per session).
Students who are looking for TUITION BY TOPICS are welcomed too. Say for example, a student who wishes to improve his problem-solving skills in Calculus can request to have specific number of tuition session on Calculus, say total 4 sessions (2hr per session).
(Some Testimonial from Parents/ Students).
1) Typical feedback from a Parent after the 1st Lesson, "Thanks Merrvyn. He enjoyed it very much. Said he learned more with you in those two hours than he has thus far this semester with the teacher! Thank you so much! -) you are a very good tutor. He is looking forward to the next session on Sunday."
2) Typical feedback from a Student after 2 months, "Happy Teacher's Day to you Mr Tay! You're an awesome tuition teacher, the BEST i've had. Thanks for your your guidance the past 2 months. Once again, Happy Teacher's Day"
3) Message from the same Student after his O-Level, "I got A1 for EMaths and A2 for AMaths. Can you coach me in Maths again for my JC? Thanks Mr Tay! "
4) Typical feedback from a Student (Engineering Maths) after 15 Lesson