2010 GCE A Prelim
(Temasek Junior College
H2 Mathematics (A), H2 Physics (A), H2 Chemistry (A), H2 Economics (A)
Experiences in various levels of tutoring
- JC 1 / 2 H2 Mathematics
- JC 1 /2 H1 / H2 Economics
- Secondary 4 Integrated Programme Mathematics (which topics encapsulate JC syllabus)
- Secondary 3 / 4 Additional / Elementary Mathematics
- Secondary 1 Mathematics - Primary 3 Mathematics
(1) Sec 1 MA student -- improved from 74% (A2) in mid-year to 96.7% (A1) for CA2 (topping the cohord)
(2) Sec 1 MA student -- improved from 52% (C5) in mid-year to 76.6% (A1) for CA2
(3) Sec 1 MA student -- improved from 72% (A2) in mid-year to 83.3% (A1) for CA2
As a dedicated and experienced tutor, I discharge my responsibilities duly through explaining key concepts to my students in an analytical and comprehensive manner.
In a nutshell, my tuition broadly encapsulate the following
(1) Self-Made Notes - These notes offer students a more concise version of key notes in allowing them to refer and revise more efficiently.
(2) Mind-maps - These mind-maps allow students to draw greater links within and between topics.
(3) Question Analysis and Skills Sets - Adapted from various schools and tuition centres, it offers a more holistic approach in answering questions in a salient and concise manner to earn maximum marks. - Examiners' comments and common errors are surfaced in question analysis, guiding students not to land in these common pitfalls.
(4) Access to Resources - The wealth of resource run the gamut from common test questions to relevant articles to prelims questions. - Articles and data will be presented to students to enrich their knowledge beyond the textbook level. Such seemingly irrelevant knowledge comes in handy through gaining impression marks from the examiners. For example, the offering of appropriate and salient examples beyond the textbook knowledge helps to justify one's argument in Economics Essay, which more often than not distinguish an 'A' candidate from the mediocre ones.
(5) Free Extension of Tuition - Extended tuition will be offered to students without additional tuition fees