2001 GCE A
(Hwa Chong Junior College
Economics (A), Mathematics (A), Further Mathematics (B), Physics (B), General Paper (B3)
1999 GCE O
(Dunman High School
English Language (A2), Geography (B3), Mathematics (A1), Additional Mathematics (A1), Physics (A2), Chemistry (A1), Music (MEP) (A1), Higher Chinese(A2), Chinese Literature (A1)
(Yu Neng Primary School
English Language (A*), Chinese Language (A*), Mathematics (A*), Science (A*), Higher Chinese Language (Distinction)
*Who Says Learning Maths Can't Be FUN?*
Having personally experienced the education system in Singapore and seen why some of friends fail to obtain good grades in Maths, I aim to cultivate an interest in Maths for my students and to help build a strong foundation in Maths for them from young.
* Credit goes to my Maths teacher in Lower Sec, who inspired my passion for Maths and honed my foundation by explaining the rationale behind the numerous formulae so that I can appreciate what I'm doing/calculating.
- 7 years of tutoring experience
- Connect well with students
- Able to explain maths concepts effectively in a simple and interesting manner, often relating them to everyday life examples
- Focus on in-depth understanding of the concepts, so that students know how to apply them flexibly in assignments and exams
- Expert in solving problem sums and impart the relevant, appropriate skills for each level/topic (e.g. for Primary School, teaches students the use of diagrams, guess-and-check and grouping methods)
- Share maths trivia/tips with students
- Use questions/hints to prompt students to solve the problems never believe in "spoon-feeding" students
- Besides being a tutor, I often see myself as a mentor to my students. I am more than happy to share my personal studying experience, subject choices, school choices, etc with my students for them to make more informed decisions
Commitment Level As a full time tutor, you have my fullest long-term commitment and dedication towards my students.